Friday, October 05, 2007

The Inspiration.

On the power of love to influence change for better and the realization of strength to implement that change.


Every time I see someone successful and genuinely happy, I get emotional. I think about how blessed and lucky they are. I don’t really feel this feeling when I see anyone and everyone. But some people, and they might be strangers, long lost friends, best friends, they might be anyone, make me feel that way. I feel an intense feeling of peace, love and emptiness at the same time. It something that reflects in their faces. The mixture of innocence and happiness and total absence of treachery and negativity or ego.

I hear this all the time about how happy homes breed achievers. And I really miss not being one of them. Neither am I an achiever nor a happy person. My self perception might be inaccurate since I have gained a lot of gifts. But it has only increased the anxiety and uneasiness. Maybe this is the battle I need to win which will make me eligible to the reward of true peace. In that case I should be grateful for the situation I’m in and should be happy that I’ve been given a chance.

Well back to those select few people who make me feel poor and fill me with greed. Its not only a negative feeling. I’m also inspired to change. To break the monotony and work towards becoming better.

The people I’m talking about are not those with perfect homes and unblemished skin, good academics, successful careers and perfect families. I don’t really bleed to be like the ones who seem to be perfect.

The people I’m talking about are people like us. Who live in simple homes and whose wants are few. Who care for each other. Where love is the solution all the needs. Where people think that happiness stems from something much more deeper than material pleasure. Who don’t feel amused when they see people doing wrong things. Who don’t curse. Who are unassuming and don’t brag about their achievements. Who don’t claim to be special or something out of this world. Who are not so pompous about their success.

Where everyone is treated with dignity. Where there is no abuse. Respect for elders and love for younger ones. Who make it big with the resources they have rather than cribbing about what they don’t have. Who remain humane and humble throughout their lives and try to live simple but uncommon lives. To smile the way they are smiling is something worth dying for. But dying won’t solve a thing. Working towards getting that state of mind and making sure that you don’t start living in a mirage is something that’ll make it a reality.

This emptiness, this hollowness I feel whenever I see them is overwhelming. I feel like crying. I am not really jealous of them or envy them in any way. It was all a game of fate. I had to go through the emotions and situations I’m going through. I needed to feel what its like to be poor. I needed to see how happiness has nothing to do with money and everything to do with love.

Pure Selfless Love. The one for which we’d sacrifice ourselves without thinking twice. That sacrifice won’t seem to be sacrifice but a natural thing to do. We won’t feel like martyrs doing it. It’d be another expression of our selfless love which will seem common to us but special to everyone else. Maybe common is a very poor word to describe it. Yeah, obvious seems to be the right word. It’d seem to be an intuitive action. Something that won’t seem to OURSELVES as a special act of courage. A decision which we’ll arrive upon without blinking the eye.

The sacrifice wouldn’t harm anything innocent. It’d in no way tarnish the beauty of the soul of the man. It’d not set a bad example for anyone. It’ll in no way belittle the glory of true love.

A realization is dawning on me. It doesn’t take wisdom alone to change. It takes conviction and courage to change. You need to have strength to work your plan. You need to have conviction to carry it through to a logical conclusion.

Keep dreaming what seems unreal but what you know would feel really good and right and keep working towards achieving it.

Am I right or am I just a loser, jealous of achievers. Let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

written well - this kind of writing helps you crystallize your thoughts - so it's indeed therapeutic.

Keep writing.