Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Set her free.

I'm gonna set her free,
I need to let her fly,
Even if it hurts like hell,
I think its time to say goodbye.

‘Cause she don't love me anymore,
We don't share no meaning no more,
No flowers, no letters, no songs.

Letting go is hard to do,
How I wish that we could start anew,
How I want us to make amends,
Turn the clock back and start again.

I hate the way its gonna end,
I'm so sorry we just can't be friends,
Oh it hurts to know we can't be friends.

There is no point to keep her chained,
For all this mess, I take the blame.

It would hurt me to see her pass by,
But she's a free bird to soar in the sky,
See the new lands as days go by,
Ride the winds and touch new highs,

How I regret those stupid things,
I feel the pain that distance brings,
How I wish that I could breathe again,
How I wish that we could live again,
Now I know that she's always been right,
But I wish I were just a little more wise.

Maybe I should just apologize,
Bend down on my knees and pray like a child,
Go to a preacher and confess my crimes,
Hide in her lap and cry for a while,
For all my wrongs and all her rights,

My heart still burns for her,
The torture of the highest degree,
It seems like I'm on a bed of thorns,
The torment only I can feel,

I have been stuck in this space,
While she's far cruising away,
The cool air is filling her sails,
Taking her across the oceans,
Far away from me forever,
Relegating me to the bottom,
Abandoned to rot in the open.

I wish you'd came back someday.

1 comment:

richa said...

extremely beautiful...

god bless!
regards,
richa