Monday, October 30, 2006

Lessons of life learnt the hard way

The most important thing is the way we look at ourselves. Your life is your responsibility. I have learnt that lesson the hard way (hard relative to experiences I’ve had in my short life).

I felt completely lost during the year I dropped after high school to make it to a good college. And during that time I did’nt study a single thing because my mind was so full of different things. Different emotions. Anger, frustration, hurt, agony, self-pity, guilt, fear. I was always thinking about the people who were cursing me – people who said I was wrong, rather than trying to prove them wrong. I felt lonely because it seemed like everyone was judging, staring, pointing and hating me.

But in the end it was a choice I made. It was my decision to sulk. And after that wasted year I felt completely out of place at my new college which was obviously not my first choice. I had no sense of belonging. I felt I didn’t deserve this place. So I continued to punish myself by not allowing myself to have fun. I didn’t allowed myself to be happy. As a result I couldn’t concentrate on studies and screwed up big time.

So that’s how I learnt that I COULD’VE succeeded but I chose to lose. I chose to crib. But in the end it was my choice. But for all the missed opportunities and lost chances you have this tremendous realization that you have many more lined to grab, that you wouldn’t be able to if you go on sulking.

The biggest and most important lesson my short stay on this planet has taught me is that the choice is always yours. Never regret or repent. Because you always get what you deserve. You reap the seeds of your karma.You let negativity linger inside you, you pay for the consequences.
So instead of worrying, start living. Stop trying to be like somebody. Follow your own path. Every SOMEBODY followed his own path and you have to do the same. So get inspired by what your idols did and get motivated to do what you wanted to do. Become somebody that somebody would like to become. Stop praying for miracles, and say that you are willing to be the miracle that others are praying for. Become the person you’ve been yearning to meet.

5 comments:

Manan said...

What you've experienced is probably experienced at some point in time by everyone....everyone feels the "different emotions" you have described....but some people let these emotions govern their lives....you and some lucky others who realise these "lessons of life" are the only ones who actually LIVE.

ankurindia said...

nice blog

Axeman said...

nice Blog bro. you said it best. you cannot let other people control your life, you are the one in control. my whole thing on life is.... if ya don't like me for who I am, then we don't need to be friends to begin with. I will take that to the grave. I do not care what other people think of me.

Axeman said...

nice Blog bro. you said it best. you cannot let other people control your life, you are the one in control. my whole thing on life is.... if ya don't like me for who I am, then we don't need to be friends to begin with. I will take that to the grave. I do not care what other people think of me.

Aman said...

The thing is axebro that we dont need to agree with whatever our friends say. But we need to accept the path they've chosen even if cannot get ourself to respect or walk on that path. I mean, we can/should express our opinion but should never impose it.